Friday, August 13, 2010

OrangeCinema: Zurich, Switzerland (8/11/10)

For one month during the summer, Orange (a Swiss telecom company) organizes an outdoor movie experience. I say "experience" because there's nothing half-baked about OrangeCinema even though it's a temporary theater built on the lake for 30 days. The screen is clear, the sound is surround; the restaurants, built solely for OrangeCinema, use real china and silverware. I was duly impressed with the layout and setup, and enjoyed Robin Hood while working my way slowly through the ice cream bar included in the 22 CHF ticket price. Here's a picture of the theater, courtesy of Angela:


I was worried that it was going to rain; in fact, I saw lightning in the distance and heard rain falling on leaves close by. But nary a drop landed on our area!

Man, it's going to be hard to leave Zurich.