Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland (7/11/10)

For pictures of Rapperswil-Jona, please click here.

Sadly, my mom can't stay with me in Switzerland forever (well, until I go home). For our last outing, we decided to visit Rapperswil-Jona, a town situated pleasantly on the water and famous for its medieval architecture, rose garden and lakeside views.


Getting there, though, was the best part. We took one of the public boats and took a leisurely cruise (2.5 hours) down the Zurich lake for only $11 with our half-fare cards.


It was such a hot day that I couldn't resist the lake. I simply walked straight into the sandy bottom with my Crocs, wishing that I had brought my bathing suit so that I could join the locals in fully enjoying the cool water.


We then walked around the town, which I can only describe as quaint and charming, while trying to make our gelato last as long as possible (lemon for me; melon, pineapple and strawberry for my mom).


It was a perfectly sweet ending to a wonderful two weeks!

For pictures of Rapperswil-Jona, please click here.